Nutrient Facts and Analysis
Nutrient analysis for food development/catering
Providing customers with calorie and nutrient information together with healthier menu options can help to promote your business, as well as keep in line with government regulations ( subject to large chains in U.K ) and growing customer demand. Establishments that have taken a lead may even give a more detailed nutrition profile on their websites. As consumers become accustomed to having access to this information, they are likely to ask for it in a wider range of catering outlets.
However, you may not have the time or ability to develop this information. Support from an independent registered nutritionist can be a cost-effective approach and will give your business confidence in the accuracy and quality of the information that is being provided to customers.
Let us help you as we can provide the following services to catering companies, cafés, restaurants and takeaway outlets:
- impartial advice on the most appropriate means for a company to produce calorie and nutrient information on menu items;
- analysis of current recipes and products, using sophisticated and updated EU compliant nutritional analysis software;
- EU compliant allergy listing
- choice of calories only or fuller nutritional profile indicating ‘traffic light’ information where relevant;
- detailed documentation on data sources and assumptions;
- suggestions on how recipes could be amended to improve their nutrition profile;
- flagging of healthier options on menus;
Needing some assistance with start-ups and menu creation? Our personal chef Jason has over 20 years international restaurant industry experience - creating daily menus (including those for specialised dietary requirements, sourcing materials, consulting and development of food business.
Contact Kerry to discuss your requirements